BremHLR course "Single-processor Optimization"
- Jacobs University Bremen
Westhall Building, Basement, Room 1 (Large Teaching Lab)
- This course gives on introduction to optimization strategies for programs using a single-processor (i.e. non-parallel). The course aims at scientists who do actual development of programs for numerical applications and want to learn how to improve the performance of their program. Solid fundamentals in Unix, C and/or Fortran will be essential!
- The course is held by Dr. Hinnerk Stüben (ZIB, Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin).
- The course is open to members of the University Bremen, the Jacobs University Bremen, Hochschule Bremerhaven, Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research, as well as associated institutions.
- For registration please send an e-mail to
- Deadline: March 21, 2011
- No registration fee!
- Monday 28.3.11 14.00 - 17.00
- Tuesday 29.3.11 9.00 - 17.00
- Wednesday 30.3.11 9.00 - 14.30
- history of hardware development
- pipeline processing
- arrays and loops
- data dependence analysis
- memory hierarchy
- data caches
- main memory
- virtual memory
- optimization tips
- program analysis
- static anlysis
- run-time analysis